10% Launch Discount! Use code "ROCKET"

Useful Template Collection

The 'Family Matters' Collection

Locating the document that is right for you...

The following 'Family Matters' collection of related document templates may help you find what you are after


All you need for your home life and relationships - documents to suit ranging from wills, children and agreements for your relationships (including the matrimonial home)

A formal notification of a change of address. Please consider who should receive this letter. Banks, credit card companies and other financial institutions are the obvious but how about schools, employers, friends even?
There are many reasons why someone wishes to change their name. Anyone over the age of 16 years can change their name for valid reasons. It isn’t permitted to use a change of name to pretend to be someone else or for fraudulent reasons. Be careful of changing a name to that of a trademark which is then used to pass off or sell similar goods. You may be in breach of trademark. You cannot change your name to anything that is offensive, blasphemous or promotes illegal activity, discrimination, or hatred. Names containing marks and numbers are not permitted nor can you give yourself a title without authority.
A letter advising people and companies of a name change. Please consider who should receive this letter. Banks, credit card companies and other financial institutions are the obvious but how about schools, employers, friends even?
A codicil is a document that amends an existing Will, but does not replace it. It allows you to change your will without making an entirely new Will, and must be signed in the exact same way as the Will was signed (although the two witnesses do not have to be the same two people that witnessed the original will). It is recommended that the codicil mentions the date of your current will so that it is clear that the codicil should be read in conjunction with it. If a will is altered by codicil, that codicil should be kept with the original will.
A cohabitation agreement is a form of legal agreement reached between a couple who have chosen to live together (whether they are heterosexual or homosexual). In some ways, such a couple may be treated like a married couple, such as when applying for a mortgage or working out child support. However, in some other areas, such as property rights, pensions and inheritance, they are treated differently.
A declaration of trust allows you to set out how a property is owned in situations where you cannot or you do not want to register who really owns it at the Land Registry. The document creates a trust, appointing trustees to hold property for the benefit of the beneficiaries, e.g. third parties who helped you buy the property or your children. A Trustee is simply a person who is responsible for looking after the money or property that is held by the trust. Under the Trustee Act 2000, trustees are expected to act in a manner appropriate to the responsibility that comes with the position, and to protect the interests of the beneficiaries.
A power of attorney (POA) or letter of attorney is a written authorisation to represent or act on another's behalf in private affairs, business, or some other legal matter. The person authorizing the other to act is the principal, grantor, or donor (of the power). The one authorized to act is the agent, attorney, or in some common law jurisdictions, the attorney-in-fact.
A Will is a legal document that clarifies what should happen with your worldly effects when you pass away. About 31 million people in the UK have not made a will. There is no legal obligation to make one but it can be expensive not to do so. If you do not make a will, there is a risk that not all your estate will end up where you would like it to go. Surviving spouses only inherit a portion (not all) of your estate. This might not provide sufficient monies for them during their lifetime.
A business or private and personal loan agreement suitable for family/friends/individuals/organisations. Please note that this template is not for a consumer credit type regulated activity.
a reciprocal decision by joint owners to sever a joint tenancy which is relevant to separation, landlord & tenant, personal, and property.
A 'personal notice to sever joint tenancy' document, which is relevant to property, separation, landlord & tenant, and personal.
A legal document which permits the sharing of parental responsibility of children. A person with Parental Responsibility cannot transfer their responsibility to another person - It can be shared, but not completely transferred. An unmarried father can obtain Parental Responsibility by entering into a Parental Responsibility Agreement with the mother.
A 'personal prenuptial agreement (prenup)' document. Pre-Nuptial Agreements in the UK are not binding on the Courts but they are allowed to be used in evidence as to what the Parties intended prior to getting married.
A 'personal revocation of power of attorney' document.
a clean break separation agreement
A 'personal separation agreement' document.
a separation agreement with a provision for child maintenance
a separation agreement with a provision for spouse maintenance (no children)

I'm not sure?

Try these alternative search methods to find the right one...

Explore Document A to Z Explore Document Collections Word Search
"That was easy – I found exactly what I needed at Everyday Legal!" David Archer of Chartham